Papers & Reports
- Cadrin SX. 2020. Defining spatial structure for fishery stock assessment. Fisheries Research 221 – January 2020
- Cadrin, S. 2020. Review of Atlantic Menhaden Ecological Reference Points, Science Center for Marine Fisheries, July 27, 2020.
- Cadrin, S. 2020. Providing for Forage of Atlantic Menhaden, Science Center for Marine Fisheries, July 13, 2020.
- Cadrin, S. 2020. Review of SEDAR69 Atlantic Menhaden Stock Assessment and Ecological Reference Points, Science Center for Marine Fisheries (SCEMFIS), February 2020.
- Cadrin, S., Leaf, R., Jensen, O. 2016. Contributions to the SAW2 Black Sea Bass Stock Assessment SCeMFiS Working Group Report. December 14, 2016.
- Cadrin, Steve. 2019 Summer Flounder 2019 Benchmark Stock Assessment (66th Stock Assessment Workshop), Science Center for Marine Fisheries (SCEMFIS)
- Cadrin, Steve & J.J. Maguire. 2018. Atlantic Herring 2018 Benchmark Stock Assessment (65th Stock Assessment Workshop), Science Center for Marine Fisheries (SCEMFIS)
- Cadrin, Steve. 2016. Draft Monkfish Operational Assessment and Review Notes – A draft of the Northeast Fisheries Science Center 2016 Monkfish Operational Assessment as well as Dr. Cadrin’s review notes
- Daley, T. and R.T. Leaf. 2019. Age and growth of Atlantic chub mackerel (Scomber colias) in the Northwest Atlantic. J. Northw. Atl. Fish. Sci., Vol. 50: 1-12
- Hilborn, R., Amoroso, R., Bogazzi, E., Jensen, O.P., Parma, A., Szuwalski, C., and C.J. Walters. (2017). When does fishing forage species affect their predators? Fisheries Research. 191 (2017) 211–22
- Leaf, R.T. (2020) Characterization of the Atlantic Chub Mackerel fishery and stock – (2020 update)
- Leaf, R. T. (2017) Environmental determinants of Gulf Menhaden brevoortia patronus oil content in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Ecological Indicators 82 (2017) 551–557
- Liang, D., Nesslage, G.M., and M.J. Wilberg (2020) A spatial simulation approach to hydroacoustic survey design: A case study for Atlantic menhaden, Fisheries Research, Volume 222, (2020) 105402, ISSN 0165-7836, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2019.105402.
- Maguire, J.J. 2018. Final Report: Finfish Stock Assessment Team – Atlantic Mackerel, May 2018.
- Morson, J., Munroe, D., Harner, R., Marshall, R. (2017). Evaluating the potential for a sex-balanced harvest approach in the recreational Summer Flounder (Paralichthys dentatus) fishery. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 37(6): 1231-1242.
- Munroe, D.M., D.A. Narvaez, D. Hennen, L. Jacobson, R. Mann, E.E. Hofmann, E.N. Powell, J.M. Klinck. (2016). Fishing and bottom water temperature as drivers of change in maximum shell length in Atlantic surfclams (Spisula solidissima). Estuarine and Coastal Shelf Science. 178
- Murray, T.J. (2020) Economic Impacts of Reduced Uncertainty Associated with Fishery Management Actions with Summer Flounder
- Murray, T.J. (2016) Economic Activity Associated with SCEMFIS Supported Fishery Products and Scup markup tables
- Nesslage, G.M., Leaf, R.T., Wilberg, M.J., Mroch, R.M., III and Schueller, A.M. (2020), A Simulation‐Based Evaluation of Commercial Port Sampling Programs for the Gulf and Atlantic Menhaden Fisheries. North American Journal of Fisheries Management.
- Nesslage, Geneviève and Robert Leaf. 2019. An evaluation of sampling adequacy for the Gulf Menhaden reduction fishery, June 13, 2019
- Nesslage, Geneviève and Robert Leaf. 2019. An evaluation of sampling adequacy for Atlantic Menhaden fisheries, June 13, 2019, Technical Report TS-725-19 of the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- Nesslage, Geneviève, 2018. Design of a cooperative winter survey for Atlantic menhaden. Draft for SCeMFiS Review: April 20, 2018, Revised after review: September 19, 2018
- Scheld, A. 2020. Economic Impacts Associated with the Commercial Fishery for Longfin Squid (Doryteuthis pealeii) in the Northeast U.S., Virginia Institute of Marine Science. March 2020.
Posters and Press
- Study Confirms Summer Flounder Fishery Vital for Mid-Atlantic Fishing Communities; $259 Million in Economic Impacts – Saving Seafood
Does predator productivity depend on forage fish productivity? – Chris Free, Olaf Jensen, and Ray Hilborn
Age composition of male and female summer flounder Paralichthys dentatus in the New Jersey recreational fishery – Seung Whan Lee, Daphne Munroe, and Jason Morson
Evaluating the potential for a sex-balanced harvest approach in the recreational summer flounder Paralicthys dentatus fishery – Jason Morson, Daphne Munroe, Ryan Harner, and Rachel Marshall
Seasonal variation of dry energy density of Gulf Mendaden and blue crab from the Gulf of Mexico – Anna M. Swigris, Alaina Woods, Robert T. Leaf, Megumi Oshima, and Taylor Daley
A Simulation Model to Evaluate the Efficiencg of Adaptive Cluster Sampling – Jesse Marks and Robert Leaf
- Harner, R., Munroe, D., Morson, J., Marshall, R., and S. Borsetti. (2017). Sex Ratios of Summer Flounder Discards in the Recreational Fishery. MidAtlantic Chapter meeting of American Fishery Society. Bordentown, New Jersey
- Morson J., Murnoe, D., and Harner, R.: (2017). Sex Ratios of Summer Flounder Discards in the Recreational Fishery. Southern New England Chapter meeting of American Fishery Society. Mystic Connecticut.
- Oshima, M.C., T.M. Daley, and R.T. Leaf. (2016). An examination of trophic interactions in the northern Gulf of Mexico: Past work, present understanding, and future challenges. Alabama-Mississippi Sea Grant Consortium Bays & Bayous Conference. Biloxi, Mississippi.
- Oshima, M.C., and R.T. Leaf. (2017). An examination of trophic interactions in the northern Gulf of Mexico: Past work, present understanding, and future challenges. Mississippi Chapter of the American Fisheries Society Meeting. Biloxi, Mississippi.
- Sullivan, P (2015). Does Sex Matter to Models? A Retrospective Perspective. American Fisheries Society Annual Meeting. Portland, Oregon
- Sullivan, P. (2015). Summer Flounder Age, Length, Sex Model. Mid-Atlantic Fisheries Management Council Scientific and Statistical Committee. Annapolis, Maryland.
- Sullivan, P. (2015). Summer Flounder Age, Length, Sex Model. Mid-Atlantic Fisheries Management Council, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.