Papers & Reports
- Cadrin, S. 2020. Review of Atlantic Menhaden Ecological Reference Points, Science Center for Marine Fisheries, July 27, 2020.
- Cadrin, S. 2020. Providing for Forage of Atlantic Menhaden, Science Center for Marine Fisheries, July 13, 2020.
- Cadrin, S. 2020. Review of SEDAR69 Atlantic Menhaden Stock Assessment and Ecological Reference Points, Science Center for Marine Fisheries (SCEMFIS), February 2020.
- Cadrin, S., Leaf, R., Jensen, O. 2016. Contributions to the SAW2 Black Sea Bass Stock Assessment SCeMFiS Working Group Report. December 14, 2016.
Cadrin, Steve. 2019 Summer Flounder 2019 Benchmark Stock Assessment (66th Stock Assessment Workshop), Science Center for Marine Fisheries (SCEMFIS)
Cadrin, Steve & J.J. Maguire. 2018. Atlantic Herring 2018 Benchmark Stock Assessment (65th Stock Assessment Workshop), Science Center for Marine Fisheries (SCEMFIS)
Cadrin, Steve. 2016. Draft Monkfish Operational Assessment and Review Notes – A draft of the Northeast Fisheries Science Center 2016 Monkfish Operational Assessment as well as Dr. Cadrin’s review notes
Daley, T. and R.T. Leaf. 2019. Age and growth of Atlantic chub mackerel (Scomber colias) in the Northwest Atlantic. J. Northw. Atl. Fish. Sci., Vol. 50: 1-12
- Hilborn, R., Amoroso, R., Bogazzi, E., Jensen, O.P., Parma, A., Szuwalski, C., and C.J. Walters. (2017). When does fishing forage species affect their predators? Fisheries Research. 191 (2017) 211–22
- Leaf, R. T. (2017) Environmental determinants of Gulf Menhaden (brevoortia patronus) oil content in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Ecological Indicators 82 (2017) 551–557
- Liang, D., Nesslage, G.M., and M.J. Wilberg (2020) A spatial simulation approach to hydroacoustic survey design: A case study for Atlantic menhaden, Fisheries Research, Volume 222, (2020) 105402, ISSN 0165-7836, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2019.105402.
- Maguire, J.J. 2018. Final Report: Finfish Stock Assessment Team – Atlantic Mackerel, May 2018.
- Morson, J., Munroe, D., Harner, R., Marshall, R. (2017). Evaluating the potential for a sex-balanced harvest approach in the recreational Summer Flounder (Paralichthys dentatus) fishery. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 37(6): 1231-1242. https://doi.org/10.1080/02755947.2017.1362490
- Munroe, D.M., D.A. Narvaez, D. Hennen, L. Jacobson, R. Mann, E.E. Hofmann, E.N. Powell, J.M. Klinck. (2016). Fishing and bottom water temperature as drivers of change in maximum shell length in Atlantic surfclams (Spisula solidissima). Estuarine and Coastal Shelf Science. 178
- Murray, T.J. (2016) Economic Activity Associated with SCEMFIS Supported Fishery Products and Scup markup tables
- Nesslage, G.M., Leaf, R.T., Wilberg, M.J., Mroch, R.M., III and Schueller, A.M. (2020), A Simulation‐Based Evaluation of Commercial Port Sampling Programs for the Gulf and Atlantic Menhaden Fisheries. North American Journal of Fisheries Management. doi:10.1002/nafm.10459
- Nesslage, Geneviève and Robert Leaf. 2019. An evaluation of sampling adequacy for the Gulf Menhaden reduction fishery, June 13, 2019
- Nesslage, Geneviève and Robert Leaf. 2019. An evaluation of sampling adequacy for Atlantic Menhaden fisheries, June 13, 2019, Technical Report TS-725-19 of the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- Nesslage, Geneviève, 2018. Design of a cooperative winter survey for Atlantic menhaden. Draft for SCeMFiS Review: April 20, 2018, Revised after review: September 19, 2018
- Scheld, A. 2020. Economic Impacts Associated with the Commercial Fishery for Longfin Squid (Doryteuthis pealeii) in the Northeast U.S., Virginia Institute of Marine Science. March 2020.
Posters and Press
- Study Confirms Summer Flounder Fishery Vital for Mid-Atlantic Fishing Communities; $259 Million in Economic Impacts – Saving Seafood
Does predator productivity depend on forage fish productivity? – Chris Free, Olaf Jensen, and Ray Hilborn
Age composition of male and female summer flounder Paralichthys dentatus in the New Jersey recreational fishery – Seung Whan Lee, Daphne Munroe, and Jason Morson
Evaluating the potential for a sex-balanced harvest approach in the recreational summer flounder Paralicthys dentatus fishery – Jason Morson, Daphne Munroe, Ryan Harner, and Rachel Marshall
Seasonal variation of dry energy density of Gulf Mendaden and blue crab from the Gulf of Mexico – Anna M. Swigris, Alaina Woods, Robert T. Leaf, Megumi Oshima, and Taylor Daley
A Simulation Model to Evaluate the Efficiencg of Adaptive Cluster Sampling – Jesse Marks and Robert Leaf
Harner, R., Munroe, D., Morson, J., Marshall, R., and S. Borsetti. (2017). Sex Ratios of Summer Flounder Discards in the Recreational Fishery. MidAtlantic Chapter meeting of American Fishery Society. Bordentown, New Jersey
- Morson J., Murnoe, D., and Harner, R.: (2017). Sex Ratios of Summer Flounder Discards in the Recreational Fishery. Southern New England Chapter meeting of American Fishery Society. Mystic Connecticut.
Oshima, M.C., T.M. Daley, and R.T. Leaf. (2016). An examination of trophic interactions in the northern Gulf of Mexico: Past work, present understanding, and future challenges. Alabama-Mississippi Sea Grant Consortium Bays & Bayous Conference. Biloxi, Mississippi.
Oshima, M.C., and R.T. Leaf. (2017). An examination of trophic interactions in the northern Gulf of Mexico: Past work, present understanding, and future challenges. Mississippi Chapter of the American Fisheries Society Meeting. Biloxi, Mississippi.
Sullivan, P (2015). Does Sex Matter to Models? A Retrospective Perspective. American Fisheries Society Annual Meeting. Portland, Oregon
Sullivan, P. (2015). Summer Flounder Age, Length, Sex Model. Mid-Atlantic Fisheries Management Council Scientific and Statistical Committee. Annapolis, Maryland.
Sullivan, P. (2015). Summer Flounder Age, Length, Sex Model. Mid-Atlantic Fisheries Management Council, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.